Monday, July 7, 2014

Homemade Tomato Purée

As soon as I got my mixer, the first thing I was glad about was that I can make my fresh Tomato Purée for my dishes. I learnt to make tomato Purée from one of my neighbors in Bangalore who went for cooking classes.

I took these pics while I was preparing Ratatouille for our Sunday lunch. Soon, I will be uploading the  ratatouille recipe too.



Ingredients
Tomatoes 2 or 3
Water  to boil








Give 1 or 2 small cuts at the bottom of the tomatoes.












Drop the tomatoes in boiling water and cook for 7-8 minutes.











Turn the tomatoes and cook them on the other side for 5 minutes.












Drain the boiling water and cool the cooked tomatoes. Peel the skin of the tomatoes and let them cool for another 10-15 minutes.










Once the tomatoes are cool, blend/grind them to a smooth paste.











If you are not using it right away, you can store it in an airtight container in fridge for almost a week.







No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...