It is a myth that you have to stop eating rice to lose weight. You can indulge in rice dishes even when you are on diet as long as you choose the right dish. Here is a rice recipe which will satisfy your cravings for rice and also is of less calories.
I usually prefer having such dishes as dinner since I get a Good night's sleep after a hearty meal. You can try it sometime and if you like it, you can bookmark it for future.
|Green Beans chopped||1/2 cup|
|Egg Plant chopped||1 whole|
|Any other Veggies of your choice||1 cup|
|Green Chillies chopped||4|
|Jasmine Rice (Or any rice)||Half cup|
|Chilli Powder||1 tsp|
|Coriander Powder (Optional)||1 tsp|
|Garam masala (Optional)||1/2 tsp|
|Tumeric Powder||A pinch|
|Cumin seeds||1/2 tsp|
|Fennel seeds||1/2 tsp|
- Cut the vegetables and keep aside. In a cooker or a pot, add oil and wait till it gets hot.
- Once the oil is hot, add the ingredients listed under "To Temper" and fry for 2 minutes.
- Once the aroma of the spices develop, add the onions and green chillies and fry till the onion looks transparent.
- Add all the veggies and garlic and fry for another 2 minutes.
- Add chilli powder and tumeric powder and mix well. You can also add Garam masala and Coriander powder for rich taste.
- Add 3/4 cup of water and salt to taste.
- Once the mixture starts boiling, add Rice, mix and close the lid.
- If you are using a pressure cooker, You can take it down after 1 whistle and if you are using a pot, you can check if the rice is cooked after 15 minutes.
Serve hot with cucumber raita.