Cauliflower is my family's all time favorite Veggie and we love all the spicy dishes that has cauliflower in them. There is always either a cauliflower or a Broccoli in my fridge since they are rich in nutrients (as you can see in the nutritional information) and you can make great side dishes within minutes. I made this recipe to participate in a 2nd blog anniversary give away at http://www.sujithaeasycooking.com/. The recipe has been adapted from Sujitha's blog. You can find the original recipe here.
I have even tried adding Peanuts to roast and grind masala and it tastes divine. You can modify the recipe however you like but make sure the vegetable is washed properly for safety reasons.
|Nutritional Information (Approx) (per serving)|
|Cauliflower florets||1 cup|
|Turmeric powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|To Roast and Grind|
|Black Peppercorns||1 teaspoon|
|Coriander seeds||1 teaspoon|
|Cumin seeds||1/2 teaspoon|
|Cinnamon||a 1 inch stick|
- Dry roast and grind all the ingredients under "Roast and grind".
- Boil a pot of water and add turmeric and salt. Add cauliflower florets as soon as the water starts to boil, let it stay for 2-3 minutes. Drain the water and keep cauliflower aside.
- In a pan, heat oil and add chopped onion.,
- Once the onion looks translucent, add cauliflower florets and fry.
- Add the ground powder and mix well. Make sure the powder is sprinkled on all the florets. Fry for few minutes under low flame.
- Serve hot and enjoy!