I always keep a pack of carrots in my refrigerator as back up. They stay fresh for long time, longer than most of the other vegetables. Carrots are also the most versatile vegetable since you can make both sweet and savory dishes out of it. My mum once made carrot kheer and the thought of it makes me drool even to this day. =P~
Needless to say, Carrots are one of the healthiest of vegetables. They improve our eyesight and cleanse our body. Chew a raw carrot everyday and you will see your teeth and gums getting stronger and healthy. They also prevent heart diseases, give beautiful glowing skin and also is a powerful anti-septic. A carrot a day also slows down the ageing of skin. All these benefits by munching a carrot and it is all in that crunch! ;;) If you see the nutritional value of this soup, you can find it is high in Vitamins and minerals. It is a lot less in calories too.
I should have published this post a long time ago, but postponed it thinking it was way too simple for a dish. But then, I saw a post in FB that said "Sometimes, Simple ingredients make great food". So, here I am , posting a recipe for simple yet lip smacking soup. By the way, I had absolutely no intention of preparing a carrot soup before I started preparing it. I had prepared Spicy Flat buns and had no idea what to prepare to go with it. When I rummaged for the Vegetables, I found a neglected pack of carrots, but they were still fresh. I modified my own recipe for Pumpkin/Squash soup and made this yummy carrot soup.
We are a family of spicy food lovers and so I had to add few green chillies while blending. I have not included it in the recipe simply because I felt that you might find it strange. Please feel free to modify the recipe as per your taste. Serve and enjoy the soup hot.
|Nutritional Information (Approx) (per serving)|
|[makes 2 servings]|
|Butter/Olive oil||2 teaspoons|
|Onion chopped||1 small|
|Pepper powder||1 teaspoon|
|Water (Optional)||1/2 cup|
* Chop carrots into bite size pieces. Heat butter in a frying pan, add chopped carrots and mix well to coat butter on every piece.
*Fry for 5-6 minutes and then add onion. fry for another minute in high flame.
* Add milk and bring the mixture to boil. Simmer the flame and cook it covered for 5 minutes.
* If the raw smell of onion is gone after cooking for 5 minutes, remove it from flame and let it cool.
* Add salt and pepper and blend it to a smooth soup. Add water if you want to reduce the thickness of soup. Bring it to boil for a minute and take off the heat.
* Serve hot with Bread or toast.